Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Golden Temple- Om Namaha Shiva


The center or “heart” of the city of death. Funny to think that death has a heart…I can attest that it does, and it is pulsing. Listen because you can hear it-- is within us all. Since the moment of conception. The spinning whirling pulsing energy of destruction and creation, pulled Mauro and myself into its vortex this morning at the Vishwanath Temple. We were guided to the front of the line with milk, flour treats, lotus flower and garland for Lord Shiva. I watched as this family in front of us seemed to be sucked into the Shiva lingam- I thought this must be what death and rebirth is like. The pull into the reincarnation, into the sacred pool of milk. I stepped up and let the tornado take hold of me- but I felt an overwhelming feeling of calm and space within the chaos. My personal time was standing still as the world was continuing, and I felt Lord Shiva. I felt the destruction and creation mixed into one substance presented before me as I poured the milk onto the Shiva Lingam watching the milky substance of thousands of worshippers spin around the divine vessel of Shakti. I wanted to jump in-but instead I leaned my entire torso past the guardrail, for the protector, receiver of the Vishwanath to give me darshan with the ashes of the city. Now when I close my eyes I see the spinning of the milk, and the energy of the pull into it. Om Namaha Shiva.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cami, om Namaha shivaya. You have been on my mind these last few days. I pray you are well. Many blessings, Margaret

    ReplyDelete